What does well-being look like to you? When you envision someone who is “well” and “healthy” what comes to mind? What factors do you think influence wellness?
- Emotional Well-Being: How can you become more effective in these abilities? The ability to accept yourself and successfully cope with the challenges life brings; ability to identify how you’re feeling and why; ability to constructively channel anger, love, fear, hope; ability to focus on positive things in your life; ability to find your meaning and purpose.
- Mental/Intellectual Well-Being: How can you stay mentally stimulated? Be creative in learning new concepts; expanding knowledge, skills, trying new hobbies; opening your mind to new ideas and experiences that can benefit your personal and professional life.
- Physical Well-Being: What aspects do you need to care for? (i.e. balanced nutrition, proper hydration, regular exercise, breathing techniques, healthy sleeping habits)
- Spiritual Well-Being: What helps you stay connected with your inner self? Cultivating inner peace? Practicing gratitude, meditation, contemplation, and prayer. Developing contentment? Being in nature? Growing your faith in your Loving Higher Power?
- Social Well-Being: What helps you feel close or connected with others? Having supportive relationships add value to our and other people’s lives. This is one of the strongest predictors of well-being.
At the end of each day, reflect on:
What have I done today that has given me a sense of accomplishment? Pleasure? Closeness with others? How can I find a healthy balance between work and play, between being active and resting? Am I making time for things I enjoy? Look to create balance? What can I do differently tomorrow?