Mooladhara Chakra – Root Chakra
The first chakra is the SURVIVAL CENTER. “I AM”
Mooladhara Chakra is located at the base of the spine between the anus and the genitals.
It represents the element “Earth” and is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the Earth energies to empower our being.
The Root chakra is our foundation for living and survival. It is the center of physical energy and vitality. In this center resides our energy to succeed in business or material possessions, therefore, it is the root of manifestations in the material world.
It is characterized by the emotions of survival, stability, security, ambition and self sufficiency. This is the center that ties us into the physical plane of existence and acts as our anchor upon the Earth.
Eating disorders like anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder stem from an inability to relate to the basic needs such as the body’s need for nourishment. When we feel secure, we develop a healthy Root Chakra, and our desire to eat, and stay alive is strong.
A healthy root chakra helps us keep our focus and sense of self, giving us an objective and real perspective on everything around us. It is our link with our past and our childhood.
Physically it relates to our physical structure, particularly the skeletal system and the way we move through our world. Furthermore, it is also the seat of passion at the immediate and instinctive level.
– The root chakra gives us the “fight or flight” response which is controlled at the physical level by the adrenal glands.
– This center of energy helps us manifest ideas, dreams and visions into reality.
– A healthy root chakra can support us to face adversity and through times of change.
BALANCE YOUR ROOT CHAKRA
YOGA, MEDITATIONS, MANTRAS, BANDHAS AND PRANAYAMAS
RENT or BUY 5 DIFFERENT CLASSES on the FIRST CHAKRA,
ANY LEVEL-ANY DAY-ANY TIME
WHEN THIS CHAKRA IS UNBALANCED
- Physical Dysfunctions: lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors, depression, immune-related disorders, anemia, cancer, arthritis, heart disease, gynecological problems. Aids, herpes, candida. Constipation.
- Physical locations affected – coccyx, rectum, genitals, adrenals, kidneys, spinal column, colon, legs, feet, and bones.
- Mental and Emotional Issues: survival, self-esteem, negative attitude, depression, greediness, lack of confidence, doubt, fear, insecurity, weakness, sense of unworthiness, shame. Inability to achieve one’s goals, judgemental, and biased opinions. Addictions.
When this chakra is out of balance, routine activities like balancing checkbooks, running machines, or dealing with technology confuse or bore the individual. Further, when this chakra is unbalanced a person might feel unstable, ungrounded, lack of ambition, lack of purpose, fearful, insecure, and frustrated.
Further, this chakra could be UNBALANCED as UNDERACTIVE or OVERACTIVE
Underactive: Low energy, exhaustion, headaches, unfocused, lack of motivation, fearfulness, insecurity. Lack of confidence and weak. Feels unlovable, unworthy, Cannot achieve goals, suicidal.
Overactive: Tension, over-excitability, restlessness, on edge, stress, angry outbursts, obsession, volatility, risk-taking behavior. Egotistic, greedy, self-centered, cruel, violent.
WHEN THE ENERGY OF THIS CHAKRA IS BALANCED
The individual feels stable, centered, grounded, healthy, strong, and full of physical energy. This person feels independent and confident and is able to manifest self-sufficiency in the material world. When this energy center is balanced, the individual makes sure to take good care of the physical body. Stress symptoms and anxiety are greatly relieved by working on this center of energy. One is able to cope with day to day reality, money issues, operating and managing technology changes. One is able to start manifesting dreams and ideas into the material world.
Issues: Survival and greed are the attributes of this chakra. Collecting and saving are its activity.
Color: It vibrates and radiates with the color red.
Seed Mantra: LAM
Relationship: Parents, Home, Planet Earth, Physical Body, Money, Career/Job
State of being: “I AM”
TO BALANCE AND PURIFY THIS CHAKRA DO THIS:
1) Practice AHIMSA – NON-VIOLENCE: Non-violence has many deep forms. When thoughts of anger, revenge and hatred arise in your mind, try to control your physical body and speech first. Avoid harsh or loud words. Practice kindness to yourself and others. Consider vegetarianism. Practice non-injury with the smallest of living beings. Cultivate kindness and compassion to all. However, Ahimsa is not mere non-injury. It is the development of a mental attitude in which hatred is replaced by love and forgiveness. Ahimsa is true strength.
2) Walk barefoot on the grass, ground, or sand.
3) Walk, jog, run, jump, hike, dance, squat, – leg work.
4) Aromatherapy scents to stimulate this chakra: Sandalwood, Cedar Wood, Musk,
5) Wear color RED (in clothes, bracelets, shawls)
6) Feed your chakra with grounding foods: Root vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, garlic, ginger, bell peppers, squash; Red fruits such as cherries, strawberries, watermelon, tomato, red grapes; Protein-rich foods such as eggs, beans, tofu, nuts; Spices such as hot paprika, chives, cayenne pepper, horseradish; Sea Salt.
7) Practice yoga poses, breathing techniques, bandha, and meditations for this chakra.
8) Sit under a tree, hug a tree, plant a tree, take care of your yard, of your plants.
9) Clean your house, clean the beach, clean the streets. Take care of your home and the planet.
10) Practice affirmations such as: “Here and now I am safe”
Start with these simple practices and, in no time, you’ll experience a greater sense of self-empowerment, energy, motivation, confidence, and kindness for all.
After only a week of implementing these practices, please let me know how you feel.