Swadhisthana Chakra – Sacral Chakra
The second chakra is the SEX CENTER. “I FEEL”
Swadhisthana Chakra is located very close to the first chakra, at the sacrum, 2 inches below the navel at the front of the body.
It represents the element of “water”, and is the fluid force that allows us to flow through changes with acceptance and grace.
The Sacral chakra is associated with self-respect and emotional stability. It connects us to others through feeling, desire, sensation, and movement. This chakra brings us depth of feeling and sexual fulfillment.
Swadhisthana chakra holds the secret of healthy, intimate, loving relationships. In fact, the level of intimacy that we are able to bring to our lives, depends on our ability to feel and connect with our own feelings. It is only when we connect with our feelings that we can connect with someone else’s feelings at true intimate level.
The Sacral chakra represents our creativity, self-esteem, sexuality, procreation, enthusiasm, pleasures, and frustrations. It governs life lessons involving blaming and guilt and it is the base of our sense of morality.
Information stored in the second chakra involves personal magnetism, our sociability, feelings of duality, and our patterns of control.
This center of energy is also associated with the emotional body, and the person’s willingness to feel his/her emotions as well as giving and receiving emotions.
Swadhisthana chakra is associated with the parts of the consciousness concerned with food and sex, procreation, creativity, sensuality, imagination, and the need to have a family.
WHEN THIS CHAKRA IS UNBALANCED
- Physical Dysfunctions: menstrual problems/prostate and testicular problems, erectile dysfunction, sexually transmitted diseases, diseases of the uterus, and ovaries. Bladder issues, kidney disease, urinary tract infections, hip pain, lower back pain.
- Physical locations affected – womb, ovaries, testicles, prostate, genitals, adrenals glands, kidneys, circulatory system, lymphatic system, lower back, and hips.
- Mental and Emotional Issues: neediness, co-dependency, tendency to worry, martyr behavior, depression, mood swings, sadness, melancholy, jealousy, possessive in relationships, unable to stop thinking, feelings of hopelessness, feelings of guilt, and psychological weakness. Low sex drive or excessive libido. Mental confusion. Hallucinations. Addictions.
Further, when this chakra is UNBALANCED it manifests as UNDERACTIVE or OVERACTIVE
Underactive: (under-stimulated – insufficient energy): poor social skills, denial of pleasure, lack of passion and excitement, excessive boundaries, fear of change, frigidity, and fear of sex, critical, sour, condemning, inability to enjoy life, lack of motivation, impulsiveness.
Overactive: (over stimulated – excess energy): emotionally over-sensitive, obsessive emotional attachment, establishes poor boundaries, food addiction, sexual addiction, addiction to pleasure in general, compulsive sexual behavior.
WHEN THE ENERGY OF THIS CHAKRA IS BALANCED
We are fully able to express and feel our emotions, we feel confident and joyful to be who we are. When in balance the sacral chakra offers us self-respect, self-esteem, self-love, confidence in our abilities, and a sense of freedom. We are able to metabolize life’s dramas in a way that we can grow from the experience, that we can enrich our lives and move into the next level of emotional maturity and spiritual evolution. Sacral chakra balances our ability to flow with what life presents itself, without resistance, or complaints. Ability to experience pleasure, and enjoyment, enthusiasm for life, nurturing self and others, great sense of creativity, the ability to let go, graceful movements, vitality, and zest for life.
Issues: emotional connection, creativity, imagination, desire, letting go, magnetism, honoring relationships, tendency to worry, neediness, co-dependency, hypersensitivity, lack of confidence.
Color: It vibrates and radiates with the color ORANGE.
Seed Mantra: VAM
Relationship: romantic/sexual partners, all relationships, personal magnetism.
State of being: “I FEEL “
TO BALANCE AND PURIFY THIS CHAKRA DO THE FOLLOWING:
1) Practice SANTOSHA – CONTENTMENT: Contentment is a requirement for peace of mind. Contentment is a mental decision, a moral choice, a practiced observance. Contentment/Santosha allows for our creativity and love to emerge. When we incorporate contentment into our lives mood swings diminish, and we develop emotional maturity where the losses and adversity of life do not leave us with a devastating sense of powerlessness and sadness. Be content with what comes to you in life. Feel grateful every day and see the opportunity for spiritual growth from all life’s events.
2) Bathe in the ocean, and take warm salt baths
3) Watch emotional movies.
4) Aromatherapy scents to stimulate this chakra: Sandalwood and Lavander
5) Incorporate the color ORANGE (in clothes, bracelets, shawls, décor, and work environment)
6) Feed your chakra with sweet fruits, like melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges. Orange vegetables: carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, squash, Lots of liquids. Honey, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, vanilla.
7) Practice yoga poses, breathing techniques, bandha, and meditations for this chakra.
8) Embrace different sensations and food tastes.
9) Listen to music with a background of running water, rainfall, waterfalls, thunderstorms.
10) Practice affirmations such as: “I feel my emotions of joy and pain”
Start with these simple practices and, in no time, you’ll experience a greater sense of self-confidence and charisma; enthusiasm for life, vitality, creativity, and a deep sense of gratitude and contentment.
After only a week of implementing these practices, please let me know how you feel.